In the ever-evolving world of online content, it’s easy for complacent brands to be left in the dust. Recently, Amazon made enhanced content available to an expanded group of third-party sellers.
Enhanced content used to be exclusive to vendors. As the competition around content expands, it’s more important than ever for Amazon Vendors to come up with smart strategies for optimizing product page content. What can forward-thinking brands do to stand out?
Staying Competitive with Content
Starting in 2015, Amazon began to make forms of enhanced content available to certain types of sellers. Most recently, brand registered sellers gained access to Enhanced Brand Content (EBC). It’s important to point out that the Enhanced Brand Content offered via Seller Central is different than Amazon A+ content available through Vendor Central, offering fewer and less sophisticated design modules.
Still, the change has led some Amazon vendors to wonder how they can differentiate themselves from third-party sellers.
As a next step, we see many savvy brands turning to Amazon Marketing Services to enhance their Amazon content strategy. Brands can incorporate keywords from AMS campaigns into essential and A+ content. Third party sellers don’t have the same access to AMS, which makes this a distinctive advantage for Amazon Vendors.
This dynamic approach to content keeps your enhanced A+ content fresh and relevent to shoppers. Content is not just content; it is a strategy. As messaging changes for your products or you launch new marketing campaigns, make sure you update the enhanced content to match.
5 Tips for Your Amazon Content Strategy
Here are a few ways to keep your content above the morass of seller content:
- Start with the basics: Make sure your products have strong content, including both essential content and enhanced content.
- Ditch HTML: You’ll want to make sure your enhanced content is in the most up-to-date format with modules.
- Plan ahead: Include your Amazon content when you’re planning marketing campaigns, website updates, or changes to your marketing. Your content strategy should be dynamic, responding to the latest trends in your market research and keyword analyses.
- Be aware of changes: Amazon is the fastest growing retailer in the world and is constantly changing with this growth. Keep an eye on what your competitors can and can’t do on Amazon to make sure you have a competitive edge. Here’s a breakdown of content options available to third party sellers.
- Integrate AMS: If you are using AMS, tweak your enhanced content to give yourself a keyword boost. Optimize your content with keywords that will lift you higher in the search rankings.
Onward and upward! Amazon sellers may be able to create enhanced brand pages, but vendors still have the advantage when they develop an Amazon content strategy. Focus on improving both your essential and enhanced content, tying in your AMS strategy if applicable, to stay ahead of the competition. Need help getting your enhanced content up to snuff? Contact us.