And just like that, another year is coming to a close. As we wrap up 2017, we’re taking a moment to share some of our articles and resources that have gotten the most interest.
While we saw a lot of engagement with Amazon Marketing Services (AMS), many of the basic topics on our blog still saw a lot of interest. Some of our most-viewed articles cover topics like Amazon A+ Content and Vendor Central vs. Seller Central.
We want to take a moment to say thanks for reading our blog, and we hope you will continue to find it valuable as we look forward to 2018.
Our Top 6 Blog Posts of 2017
- In our most widely read article of the year, we looked at a perpetual topic of interest: the differences between Amazon Vendor Central and Seller Central. Amazon Vendor Central v. Seller Central: What Are the Benefits? presents the ups and downs of each platform to help Amazon sellers make the right choice for their brand.
- With Amazon accounting for the majority of online sales throughout the US, we took a look at how A+ content can improve sales. The Benefits of Amazon A+ Content goes into detail with the both the why and how of A+.
- At the end of last year, we performed a cost study on Google AdWords and Amazon Marketing Services. We wrote about the results, as well as our expectations for the future, in Amazon vs. Google: Paid Search CPC.
- We also covered AMS in our article Amazon Marketing Services: The Importance of Ad Impressions. Though ROAS (return on ad spend) is an important metric to track, ad impressions play a significant role in evaluating the success of ad campaigns. This article looks at why they are valuable and how to analyze them.
- For brands preparing to outsource AMS management, SEM Account Manager Andy Fang wrote Questions to Ask Your Amazon Marketing Services Agency. It lays out three key things to consider as you hunt for the right agency partner.
- Amazon has slowly begun rolling out Premium A+ Content, and it quickly became a topic of interest on our blog. In Is Amazon Premium A+ Content a Good Idea for Your Brand?, Production Team Lead Stephanie Souto looks at the unique opportunities of Amazon Premium A+, as well as what it takes to make the content look good.
Our Top 4 Ecommerce Resources of 2107
- With AMS gaining significant traction this year, one of our most popular resources has been The Definitive Guide to Amazon Marketing Services. It covers a lot of the basics, including the different ad types, how AMS ads connect to product page content, and what makes Amazon SEO different from Google SEO.
- In our video Be a Disruptor, Not a Dinosaur, Director of Sales Dave Zimmerman took us through three things that separate brands that “get it” from those stuck in the past.
- We also looked at some big errors brands make with AMS in our Amazon Marketing Services: 5 Common Mistakes to Avoid webinar. The video reviews AMS best practices, how to play offense and defense with Amazon ads, and several other key factors to think about when organizing AMS campaigns.
- Another popular resource has been our case study Newell Rubbermaid Gets Boost from Restructured AMS Campaigns. Here, we reviewed the strategy we used to reach a 3x increase in ROAS.